Great Coaches Needed
We Are Always Seeking Additional Staff Coaches For Our Travel Teams
Our travel team coaching positions involve travel to area tournaments for the upcoming Spring season, running from February – June. There will be 1-2 practices during the week and 5-9 weekend tournaments. Coach should be very responsible person who loves kids, grades 4-12. Position is part-time, varied hours/days including nights and weekends. The perfect candidate should act as a positive role model and voice of Liberty Edge.
- Provide specific instruction and coaching to improve player development and overall experience by following program curriculums and preparing weekly drills in advance.
- Adjust programs based on skill levels and provide an engaging program for every child.
- Build team development and communication thru activities and drills.
- Assess and communicate positively to parent/player to provide recommendations for areas of improvement.
- Coach will have a primary team, but expected to help other teams with coach absences where possible.
- 2-years specific basketball coaching experience or playing competitively. Prior travel team coaching experience preferred.
- Complete and maintain coaching licensing for any applicable tournament organizations or NCAA play. These must be updated yearly.
- Must be energetic, patient, good with youth, and knowledgeable about as well as proficient in basketball.
- Must have the ability to work with and relate to people of all ages.
- Must be good communicators, strong motivators and role models.
- Valid Driver’s License
Coaches will receive either a stipend or discounted player registration.